Company FAQs


FAQs About Medical Subrogation & Health Claims

Client Focused. Results Driven.

Do you handle all types of health subrogation?

We specialize in fully and partially self-funded ERISA plans. If you are a fully or partially self-insured entity that is looking for improved health related medical subrogation services then you have come to the right place.

Do health care administrators really miss 15% of medical subrogation opportunities?

Yes, this has been validated by multiple sources, and our closed file audits would support this, as well.

What are the most frequent types of missed medical subrogation opportunities?

The most common opportunities that are missed involve situations where there is a potential tortfeasor. Many medical subrogation vendors only look at a small subset of ICD-10 codes to determine if something may be related to a potential accident. We take a deeper dive and focus on identifying anything that trauma related across all ICD-10 codes. Our team, with over 600 years of combined experience, is highly trained to identify and collect on these claims.

We already handle medical subrogation internally, how can Vengroff Williams Medical Subrogation help us?

Many self-insured companies handle medical subrogation internally, or with the assistance of a third party administrator. The reality is that people are busier than ever and while finding low hanging fruit is easy, a large portion of potential recoverable claims do get overlooked. Our NO COST closed file audits identify these files which result in higher medical subrogation returns for your organization.

Do you provide overflow services for subrogation?

Absolutely. We can provide long or short-term overflow services.

What if you come across a claim in which our member was injured as the result of an uninsured motorist or other type of uninsured tortfeasor?

We have an entire department dedicated to UM and our results typically outperform the industry.

We already have a vendor providing closed file reviews, does that matter?

We have gone in behind other vendors, and even multiple vendors, and have always found money that was left on the table. Our closed file reviews cost nothing, so it is a win/win!

If Vengroff Williams Medical Subrogation finds missed medical subrogation could it reflect poorly on existing processes?

Absolutely not. Even the best processes aren’t perfect. Our goal is to provide you with insights to improve your process while providing your organization with money that may have been missed. By optimizing your processes your organization will gain a competitive advantage.

How much money do you typically find in a closed file review?

That figure could be anything from a few thousand dollars to a few million dollars. In an audit for a large self-insured Fortune 100 company we identified and recovered over $5 million dollars. In a review for another Fortune 500 company we went in as a third look and still found them over $2 million dollars. Regardless of the number of files you send to us or the number of times they have been reviewed, our unique Webcollect methodology will find additional money.

Do you only handle self-insured companies?

We specialize in self-inured companies but have over 2000 different clients with a variety of engagements. With a leadership team that has over a century of combined experience in claims, our consultative approach finds solutions that make a quantitative difference.

What is the typical experience level of your staff?

We have over 600 years of collective claims experience. Some of our claims leaders have been in the business for 30 plus years, in sizeable roles with some of the largest and most influential insurers in the nation. For our more complex claims, our staff typically has 15-20+ years of boots-on-the-ground claims experience. For our less tenured staff, which handle less complicated claims, there is a minimum of 5-10 years of experience.

What is Webcollect technology?

Webcollect is a unique, proprietary methodology that combines predictive models, algorithms, AI, and machine learning with our 600 plus years of combined claims expertise. Far too many companies are over-relying on technology alone. Our focus is on blending people, processes, and technology which is how we deliver superior outcomes. Modeling, Machine Learning and AI will get you 80% of the way there. What about the other 20% of subro opportunities you may be missing?

Recovered For Clients!
Collective Claims Experience
Translate »
Skip to content